The new vocabulary unit includes literary and drama terms. There are 40 words altogether; here are today’s words:
- Drama – a story that is written to be acted for an audience
- Dramatic Irony – when the audience knows something the characters do not
- Playwright – it’s self-explanatory
- Thespian – actor
- Act – largest division of a play
- Scene – smallest division of a play
Finish reading Homer’s Odyssey and complete your chart for the story. Read “Cyclops in the Ocean” by Nikki Giovanni and answer these questions: The Cyclops in the Ocean Questions
No Friday Writing this week. Answer the questions for the poem and documentary as homework if not finished in class.
NO SCHOOL FOR YOU TOMORROW!
BRING YOUR BOOK TO CLASS WEDNESDAY!!!