Poetry Thursday: descriptive-poetry-quickwrite
We are beginning a new unit on Figurative Language and Imagery. Here are the Learning Targets:
- Students will determine the meaning of words, including Figurative Language and word Connotations as they are used in Literature to impact meaning and Tone.
- Students will analyze a Point of View (perspective) or cultural experience reflected in literature from outside the United States.
- Students will understand and interpret the use of Figurative Language and word relationships in context and analyze their role in a literary text.
- Students will use text evidence to support their analysis of a text.
Use your purple literature book pp 428-9 and beginning p. 1019 (if you are home, use whatever source you can find for definitions)to find the definitions of the following literary terms:
- Figurative Language (Figures of speech)
We completed a group activity with these figlangactivityinstructions, using these words and examples Fig Lang Activity. What you can do in place of the group activity if you were absent is to write 5 examples of each type of figurative language. No need to do this for the term Figurative Language or for imagery just yet.
Due Tomorrow: Friday Writing #7 friday-writing-7